Identification of the added value of a product and its perceived positioning in the marketplace, and communication of this information to payers and decision makers, is a prerequisite for obtaining optimal market access conditions. Ensuring a focus on value identification at the early stages of clinical development is as crucial as the HTA dossier development. The value needs to reflect the perspectives of healthcare professionals, payers, and patients, and evolve over time in parallel with the development of the clinical profile and a constantly changing external environment. At Mapi, we work with a number of services to support you in this process early on in the product lifecycle including:
- Due Diligence Assessment: Evidence-based due diligence to inform acquisition decisions for innovative new products.
- HTA Landscaping and Market Access Environment: Mapi has extensive knowledge of HTA landscaping, having provided more than 40 reviews to support strategic and evidence generation considerations with respect to the key market value drivers globally.
- Value Message Development: Targeted statements conveying the benefits of the product with supporting evidence.
- Health Economic Modelling: Early health economic modelling to support an understanding early on of the key drivers of economic value and value of the collection of additional data generation to support future market access.
- Value Defense: Tailored activities to support market access and uptake early in the product lifecycle.
These activities are supported by a number of different information gathering tools, including literature reviews, expert consultations, patient and payer surveys, clinical evidence reviews and real-world data gathering and analysis.