Direct To Patient
Mapi’s Direct-To-Patient Contact services offer proven results for accelerated recruitment, increased patient engagement, improved patient-reported data quality, and minimized study burden and attrition.
Mapi’s Direct to Patient team has over a decade of experience
Our Direct-To-Patient Contact solutions are built on Mapi’s four decades of global Clinical Outcomes expertise, two decades of Real World Evidence experience, and twenty-five years of clinical cross-cultural language services expertise. These combined services establish Mapi as the clear industry leader in supporting patients (or their caregivers) in studies and disease management programs:
- Study information, assistance, and support for patients and caregivers
- Faciliate collection of patient-reported data (COAs, QoL, drug/resources utilization, safety outcomes)
- Contacts performed independently from HCPs and/or Investigators to reduce burden and minimize some biases
- Flexible customized approaches meeting patients’ preferences to enhance engagement
- Remind Me provides reminders of upcoming deliverables for patients in multiple preferred methods such as email, SMS, letter, phone, and in-app reminders.
- Refund Me provides centralized management of patient expenses and compensations according to a standardized process.
Collect My Data features direct and proactive collection of patient-reported data in a multilingual and multichannel
environment with patients’ preferred method (paper, telephone, ePRO, web, IVRS, SMS).
- Organize My Tests helps schedule tests and visits, and helps facilitate the collection of samples.
- Make My Treatments Easier involves home treatment delivery for clinical trials with the possibility of administration by a local nurse.
Mapi’s Direct To Patient services offers:
- Increased study acceptance by patients and physicians
- Reduced patient and investigator burden
- Enhanced study relevance for patients
- Improved compliance with protocol, study methodology, and scheduled processes
- Improved response rate, retention, and reduced attrition
Data Collection / Contact Management
Mapi teams use multiple approaches and technologies to collect patient-reported data, keep patients engaged, and improve retention. Dedicated, highly trained experts proactively integrate flexible and scalable methodologies such as direct telephone contact, standard mail, email, ePRO, and SMS with patients or caregivers. We can engage with our international set of resources or integrate with either our strategic eCOA partners or our clients’ preferred eCOA providers.
Mapi is one of the only research companies with both experienced skilled multilingual interviewers and an internal web-based Computer-Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI) module to assure assessment process quality and ensure safe anonymous storage of the health data in a secure centralized PRO database.
Patients’ contact information is maintained in a firewall-protected independent database directly managed by the dedicated Mapi team. This contact management system is designed to streamline patient contact with built-in reminders and reports. The system facilitates contact with ePRO functionality, delivering scripted and branched questions, customized to specific patients and studies in their native language.