This Policy was last updated on 1 May, 2018
Mapi is a division of ICON plc
Collection of your Personal Information
This applies to all information collected or submitted on the mapigroup.com website. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you ("personal information" or "data" as used herein) or allows us to contact you. Personal information collected by mapigroup.com is often limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a requested service, where an employment opportunity is being processed or where services as an Investigator in a clinical trial are being offered. We collect information in several ways, outlined below:
- On some pages you can register to receive information on an automated basis. The type of information you can register to receive in this manner included general corporate information about MAPI such as:
- News and presentations
- Other General Information updates
The personal information collected when you register to receive information on an automated basis is your name, e-mail address, employer name and occupation. You will have the option of cancelling your registration and removing your e-mail from the database on each occasion that you receive an automated e-mail alert, by clicking on an unsubscribe link on each e-mail alert message.
- On some pages you may choose to provide personal information about yourself if you are interested in pursuing an employment opportunity with MAPI, or if you are interested in receiving services from MAPI. In each case the information requested will be dependent upon the area of interest being pursued.
- On some pages you may choose to register to receive access to web casts, periodic updates or information on specific MAPI services. Generally the personal information collected in such cases is your name, title, company and e-mail address. This information is collected for qualification and aggregate measurement purposes only.
- On some pages you can register to receive customized information. This information is generally collected on "Contact Us" forms where you may choose to be contacted by MAPI. The personal information collected in these cases include your name, title, company, address, contact details and e-mail address.
- www.mapigroup.com also collects certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include; your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain and monitor quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of mapigroup.com. See our Cookies Policy for further information.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure mapigroup.com is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services and information about MAPI that you request.
- To assess your suitability for any employment opportunities where you have sent us an employment related enquiry through our website.
- To assist MAPI in creating and publishing content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to updated information about MAPI and MAPI services if you so request.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of Mapigroup.com as appropriate.
- Processing your information in relation to employment opportunities with MAPI. MAPI has a legitimate interests in processing data relating to candidate status, work history/job data, education, compensation and employer feedback;
- Processing your information in relation to investigator opportunities with MAPI. MAPI has a legitimate interests in processing data relating to investigator’s name, institution and contact details for future clinical trials;
- To correct technical errors and to technically process your personal information;
- To protect the security and integrity of Mapigroup.com;
- To protect any MAPI property or rights or obligations and/or the property, rights or obligations of third parties where MAPI may have an obligation or liability in respect of these; and
- To take precautions against potential liability on the part of MAPI.
To ensure that we are appropriately balancing MAPI's legitimate interests against your rights and interests, you are entitled object to such processing at any time as described under “Your Personal Data Rights” below.
MAPI may also process and disclose your personal information to the extent required by law, applicable regulation or judicial process.
Data Privacy Principles
MAPI respects the privacy rights and interests of its web site visitors and the following principles will be applied by MAPI when dealing with personal information:
Data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was provided.
Data will be as accurate as possible and, where necessary, kept up to date. You are encouraged to ensure your personal information is kept up to date and amend any such data, which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. name and address) by contacting us in the event of a change.
Data will not be kept in a personally identifiable format for longer than is appropriate or necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. We store the information you provide in a secure electronic database in order to provide you with the information and/or services you request. Depending on the nature of the information, it is usually stored for a number of years in accordance with our data retention policies unless you request that it be removed.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing and to protect against accidental loss, destruction or damage. This site and the electronic database have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information under our control.
Data will be collected, used and retained in accordance with the legal rights of the data subjects (see below under Your Personal Data Rights).
Generally the information you provide to us on our website is received directly by MAPI. Subject to local legal requirements, MAPI may also use external services to collect, process and/or validate personal information. MAPI requires that any such external service will ensure adequate protection for personal information and complies with local legal requirements.
Disclosure to Third Parties
MAPI may be obliged to disclose certain personal information to third parties such as Government Authorities or law enforcement agencies or to provide information in respect of a matter related to public safety. It may also be necessary to disclose personal information so as to protect the legal interests and other rights of MAPI, subject to local legal requirements.
MAPI may disclose certain personal information to a supplier or contractor organisation supplying services which require the use and/or creation of personal information. In these cases, MAPI ensures adequate security is observed by third parties and affiliates processing personal information on behalf of MAPI, subject to local legal requirements.
Disclosure Outside of the EU
To operate as a global business it may be necessary to process and transfer personal information within MAPI businesses. This may involve transferring personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to the USA and elsewhere. MAPI may also transfer your personal information to third party service providers outside of the EEA.
Regardless of whether the transfer is within the MAPI group or to a third party, MAPI will apply appropriate safeguards to such transfers as required by applicable law. For example, transfers to MAPI entities in the US may occur under ICON’s Privacy Shield certification (see below) and transfers to other non-EEA countries will usually be governed by EU-approved “standard contractual clauses”.
Sensitive Personal Data
MAPI will not normally receive Sensitive Personal Data through its website. This is defined by MAPI as:
- demographic data (e.g. sex, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, trade union membership and criminal proceedings); and
- medical data (e.g. pre-placement medicals, and other medical documents produced for the purposes of employment, such as, drug screen results)
If you choose to provide us with Sensitive Personal Data, MAPI may process this type of data for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring, or if it is prescribed by law, or it is needed for the protection of life, health or freedom, or if it is required for the performance of your employment contract, subject to appropriate security safeguards and local legal requirements. If required by local law, your explicit consent may be obtained to the processing of sensitive personal data.
If your application for a position in MAPI progresses, your personal information (including Sensitive Personal Data if you provide it to MAPI) will be processed in accordance with ICON’s Global Employee, Officer and Freelancer Privacy Notice. MAPI will provide you with that Notice at the time.
Your Personal Data Rights
You have certain rights to the personal information that MAPI holds about you. Subject to certain legal limitations, these rights include the following:
- The right of access to your personal information plus additional ancillary information such as the origin of such data, the purposes for which it has been collected, processed and transferred and the recipients of such data.;
- The right to rectify or erase your personal information (right to be forgotten);
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right of data portability. i.e. the right to have your data returned to you or to a third party in certain cases;
- The right of objection where MAPI is relying on its legitimate interests as explained above; and
- The right to object to automated decision making, including profiling (which is not generally applicable to MAPI’s in the case of personal data provided via its website).
To exercise any of these rights, you should refer to "Contact Information" below. MAPI will assess your request in accordance with its Data Subject Rights Request Procedure and, subject to applicable laws and exceptions, will respond within the relevant legal time limits.
If you disagree with the accuracy or completeness of any personal information, please notify MAPI in accordance with "Contact Information"; below MAPI will endeavour to resolve any issues concerning your personal information in accordance with relevant procedures.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
www.mapigroup.com is a general audience site and no part of the site is structured to attract children. It is MAPI's view that the nature of the subject matter is unlikely to be of general interest to children but notwithstanding this, MAPI does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Compliance
MAPI is wholly owned member of the ICON plc group (ICON). ICON complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from European Union and Switzerland to the United States. To view ICON’s EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Policy, please click here.
ICON has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Notification of Changes
Contact Information or Complaints
If you feel your data protection rights have been infringed by MAPI, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. The lead supervisory authority for in Europe is the Data Protection Commission (see www.dataprotection.ie).
Questions or comments related to this policy should be submitted to the ICON’s Global Data Protection Officer as follows:
Global Data Protection Officer, ICON plc, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland and Data_Privacy_Officer@iconplc.com