Database Analyses: Linking administrative registries with clinical registries
June 8 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
Nahila Justo - Associate Director, RWS&A, Mapi
Jennifer Eriksson - Associate Director, RWS&A, Mapi
Administrative registries linked with disease specific registries provides opportunities for obtaining rich data, including disease specific variables, faster than primary data collection. In this Webinar we will discuss opportunities and challenges of linking several secondary data sources using case examples from Sweden and the UK.
Our presentation's key discussion points will include:
• Why database/registry study?
• Mapi experience with registries/databases in Europe
• Linking disease registries with administrative databases – examples of suitable research questions
• How is linking of databases done - explain what is the process and how Mapi is involved, any potential challenges (e.g. the time factor, reliability of the linking, access conditions)
• Case studies (in which we have linked several registries/databases)
o Client challenge
o Details of the study
o Outcome and client benefit
o What is the added value of these linked studies to the client?