An Author Webinar on the Inventory Of Depressive Symptomatology (IDS-SR & IDS-C)
May 31 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
Dr. / Professor John Rush, M.D. - Author of the IDS Health Research Instrument
During this webinar, the author of the health research questionnaire will provide attendees with a brief description of the inventory of depressive symptoms (IDS) and how the instrument can be applied to clinical research/practice.
Further, the author of the IDA will further review both the rationale and methods entailed in developing the Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology (IDS) in both clinician-rated (IDS-C) and self-reported (IDS-SR) formats. Psychometric features of the both the IDS-C and IDS-SR are presented. These scales are compared to the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HRS-D) in the detection of symptom change in patients with major depressive (n = 184) or bipolar disorder (n = 141). The face validity and established psychometric features of the IDS-C and IDS-SR indicate that either may be useful in detecting symptom change, as well as in detecting residual symptoms in depressed patients (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mpr.79/abstract).
Basic Description of the IDS:
Developed in 1986; Revised in 1986.
- Currently distributed by Mapi Research Trust: https://eprovide.mapi-trust.org/instruments/inventory-of-depressive-symptomatology
- Rush A John
- IDS © 1986 UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- To assess depressive symptom severity; these assessments can be used to screen for depression, although they have been used predominantly as measures of symptom severity.
- Behavior and Behavior Mechanisms
- ClinRO: IDSC30
- PRO: IDS-SR30
- English for the USA
Please see the "Registration" tab at the top of this page
- May 31
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- acu, assess, assessment tool, author, behavior, COA, depression, eprovide, Free, health research, health research questionnaire, IDS, Inventory, LS, Mapi Language Services, mapi research trust, mechanisms, mrt, register, severity, Symptoms, webinar
March 15 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
- SRNT 24th Annual Meeting 2018
- EUCROF’s 4th European Conference on Clinical Research in Vienna
- An Author Webinar on the Obsessive Compulsive Drinking Scale (OCDS) – A Short Questionnaire to Assess Alcohol Use Disorder, Craving and Treatment Outcome
- An Author Webinar on the Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire (LSEQ)
- Considerations for Special Populations: Engaging, enrolling and retaining women in clinical trials
- An Author Webinar on the Angle Labor Pain Questionnaire (A-LPQ) & Angle Pictorial Pain Mapping & Pain Ranking Tool (A-PPMRT)
- Mapi and Saama Create Actionable Solutions From Recent Strategic Alliance
- Press Release: Mapi Creates Dedicated Patient Centered Sciences Unit by Combining Patient Centered Outcomes, Patient Insights and Engagement and Direct To Patient Contact Services
- Mapi Research Trust and Mapi Language Services present scientific research works at the International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders (MDS)
- Press Release: Mapi Continues Organic Growth and Expansion in the United Kingdom
- Mapi Research Trust selected as exclusive distributor and Mapi Language Services selected as exclusive translator of the Disability Assessment for Dementia (DAD)