Patient Insights & Engagement
Mapi’s Patient Insights & Engagement team is focused on gaining an in-depth understanding of the patient and the many factors that influence their health behavior and decision-making process. We bring the patient’s perspective into all aspects and phases of the development process, as well as post commercialization. Our creative methodologies go beyond a person’s condition to get a more holistic view of their lives, to understand the patient’s ecosystem and how it influences their health decisions and behaviors.
Our team includes clinical practitioners, health educators, and experts in human performance and instructional design, each bringing a unique perspective to the challenge of understanding the patient experience and creating interventions that improve engagement. We consider data from contextual research, healthcare ecosystem mapping, and innovative primary research modalities through the lens of our experience and expertise. This allows us to uncover the emotional and social influences that impact illness behavior, motivators, and barriers to engagement and factors that may affect learning and comprehension.
Our innovative methods, which involve the patient as a partner, provide actionable insights into the unique needs and priorities of specific patient groups. This collaboration with patients and caregivers means we can help our clients better inform:
- Protocol design – key design features, visit schedule, tests and procedures
- Trial and post-market approval study operations – enrollment and retention strategies and tools
- Selection and development of Patient Reported Outcome tools to ensure relevance to patients-domains identified by the patient population, delivery methodology, ability constraints
- Educational initiatives – impactful support for patients and caregivers
- Marketing strategies – insights on how products address the health needs of actual patients'
We focus on the person behind the patient
- Literature and information review on drivers of patient behaviors in different diseases
- Patient interviews to gain direct patient perspective
- Patients As Partner Workshops - Innovative workshop setting allowing direct communication between patients and sponsors
- Patient Advisory Boards - long-term engagement and feedback from patients over the course of drug development
- Patient Experience Mapping - Mapping of different patient concerns over the course of their illness
- Advice on effective and cost-efficient patient communications (websites, mailings, physician support materials)
- Advice and patient perspective on essential clinical trial elements - study design, physician communication, informed consent forms, patient engagement methods
At Mapi, we understand the expanding role of advocacy groups and their influence with patients. We’re nurturing long-term mutually-beneficial relationships with advocacy groups across many therapeutic areas. Partnering with advocacy allows us to better support the patient in the realm of clinical research—an important objective of advocacy—while gaining valuable insights into the patient experience.