Benoit Arnould, PhD
Benoit leads the Global Patient-Centered Outcomes research team.
Benoit Arnould leads the Global Patient-Centered Outcomes research team at Mapi. Dr. Arnould has a sound knowledge of clinical and epidemiological trial design, data analysis and interpretation.
Dr. Arnould actively promotes the use of Mixed Methods research in drug development, particularly for rare diseases. In 2015, he has been invited by IRDiRC to participate to the Patient-Centered Outcome Measures Workshop. In recent years, Dr. Arnould has increasingly been asked by industry clients to assist in their Endpoint strategy definition.
Dr. Arnould is a Health Economics graduate with a speciality in statistics, and has completed, under the supervision of Professor Gerard Duru, his PhD on tools for clinical decision making, a subject on which he publishes regularly.
Employment History / Recent Positions
2012–Present, Senior Director
Patient-Centered Outcomes, Mapi
PRO, Mapi Values
Pôle d’Enseignement supérieur et de Recherche agronomique de Rennes
1985 : Agriculture and Lifesciences : Master’s
Université Claude Bernard (Lyon I)
Economics : PhD
Recent Publications in Rare Diseases:
- Acquadro C, Castex M, Arnould B, editors. The role of PRO data in the drug approval process of products for the treatment of cystic fibrosis in the USA and Europe: a review of guidance documents and authorizations of medicinal products. ISPOR 19th Annual International Meeting; 2014 5/31/2014; Montreal, QC, Canada 2014.
- Arnould B, Perrier L-L, Acquadro C, editors. Patient-reported outcomes (PRO) claims in products indicated for the treatment of rare diseases and approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). 7th European Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Products (ECRD); 2014 5/8/2014; Berlin, Germany 2014.
- Giustina A, Bevan J, Bronstein M, Casanueva F, Chanson P, Petersenn S, et al., editors. Preliminary testing of the SAGIT© tool: a tool to help endocrinologists in their management of patients with acromegaly in clinical practice. ISPOR 16th Annual European Congress; 2013 11/9/2013; Dublin, Ireland 2013.
- Giustina A, Bevan J, Bronstein M, Casanueva F, Chanson P, Petersenn S, et al., editors. SAGIT©: a novel comprehensive clinical practice tool for managing acromegaly. Endocrine Society’s 96th Annual Meeting / 16th International Congress of Endocrinology (ENDO); 2014 6/21/2014; Chicago, IL, USA2014.
- Giustina A, Bevan J, Bronstein M, Casanueva F, Chanson P, Petersenn S, et al., editors. SAGIT© : a novel clinician-reported outcome for managing acromegaly in clinical practice. ISPOR 17th Annual European Congress; 2014 11/8/2014; Amsterdam, The Netherlands2014.
- Perrier L-L, Acquadro C, Arnould B, editors. Patient-reported outcome (PRO) claims in products indicated for the treatment of rare diseases and approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). ISPOR 19th International Annual Meeting; 2014 31/05/2014; Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Regnault A, Arnould B, Hoüyez F, Symonds T, editors. Can mixed methods research be the solution to the challenges of patient-centered outcome research in the context of rare diseases? 2014 11/8/2014; Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2014.