- This event has passed.
International Course: Current Trends in General Toxicology and Food Safety
June 15 @ 08:00 - June 16 @ 17:00 UTC+0
Join experts in Latin American Regulatory Affairs for this upcoming event in La Havana, CIGB Auditorium June 15th & 16th, 2017!
Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Cigb Auditorium - La Havana, Cuba
- Cuban Society of Laboratory Animal Science
- Scientific Veterinary Council of Cuba
Currently, scientific exchange between world nations is of utmost importance and benefit across the life sciences and health research sector. Gain insights into Current Trends In General Toxicology and Food Safety at the upcoming course in La Havana, Cuba as the Caribbean nation blends into the international health care arena beyond their first–in-class R&D capabilities/expertise while gaining a better understanding on advancements in toxicological sciences transitioning the country towards public health and environment needs awareness. This international training course will certainly convey a key impact on country-level decision making processes as well as being pivotal in perfecting sanitary controls for environmental restoration systems.
Training in Basic Principles of Toxicology and Risk Assessment
Dr A. Wallace Hayes/Dr. Mary Ellen Cosenza/Dr. Lin Depass
- 9: 00- 9:55 AM - Introduction to Toxicology [Hayes]
- 10:00-10:55 AM - Understanding the Fate of Chemicals [Hayes]
- 10:55- 10:15 AM - Coffee/Tea break
- 10:20-11:00 AM - Chemicals Can Cause Adverse Effects [Hayes]
- 11:05-12:00 - Determination of Adverse Outcomes [Cosenza]
- 12:00-1:25 PM - Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:15 PM - Safety Pharmacology [Depass]
- 2:20-3:30 PM - Regulatory Oversight: A USA Prospective [Cosenza]
- 3:30 – 3:55 - Coffee/Tea Break
- 4:00- 5:00 PM - Risk Assessment (Hazard Identification, Dose Response Assessment/Hazard Assessment) [Hayes]
- 5:05 – 6:00 PM - Risk Assessment (Exposure Assessment and Risk Characterization) [Cosenza]
Day 1 - Thursday, June 15, 2017 Lecture Topics
Dr A. Wallace Hayes/Dr. Mary Ellen Cosenza
- 9:00-9:55 AM - Review of previous day
- 10:00- 10:55 AM - Differences in Risk Related to Intent of Use [Cosenza]
- 10:55 – 11:15 AM - Coffee/Tea Break
- 11: 20-12:00 - Explaining Risk to Stakeholders (Risk Communication/Risk Perception) [Cosenza]
- 12:00 – 1:25 PM - Lunch
- 1:30-2:25 PM - The Paradigm Shift (21st Century Risk Assessment) [Hayes]
- 2:30-3:25 PM - Model Approach to International Food Safety: Harvard/China Food Safety Training Program [Hayes]
Day 2 Lecture Topics [Friday, June 16, 2017]
- 3:30 -4:25 PM - Model Approach to International Drug Safety: ICH Safety Guidelines [Cosenza]
- 4:30 -5:25 PM - Food/Drug Safety/Risk Management [Hayes]
- 5:30 PM – Discussion/Review
View Mapi's additional conference materials to learn more:
Register to attend today:
- May 20th is the last day you can register!
- For registration and any other relevant information, please contact Dania Bacardi: email@example.com
- Course Registration Website: http://www.sccalcuba.com
Enquiries? Contact us:
Please email our associated expert contact for this event below or submit a contact form on our website if you have any questions.