- This event has passed.
Diabetes Health Profile Author Webinar: Beyond Blood Glucose / HbA1c – Measuring the Patient’s Perspective of the Benefits of Diabetes Interventions
February 4, 2016 @ 10:00 - 23:00 UTC+0
Please enjoy the archive of this webinar delivered on February 4th, 2016.
The Diabetes Health Profile (DHP): Beyond Blood Glucose / HbA1c – Measuring the Patient's Perspective of the Benefits of Diabetes Interventions
Thursday, February 4th, 2016
- 10:00 AM EDT (New York, USA)
- 3:00 PM BST (London, UK)
- 4:00 PM CEST (Paris, France)
- 1 hour / 60 minutes
- 30 Minute Presentation Slideshow
- 30 Minute Attendee-Host Q&A Session
Dr. Keith Meadows BA (Hons), PhD, CMRS - Founder & Director of DHP Research & Consultancy Ltd
- T: +44 (0)1295 724233
- E: email@example.com
Developed to measure the psychological and behavioral impact of diabetes in a variety of settings from clinical practice to phase II to IV, the Diabetes Health Profile (DHP) is available in two formats. The DHP-1 comprises 32 items and is for use with Type 1 and insulin requiring, while the DHP-18 is a short, 18 item form, developed for all treatment modalities, insulin, oral and diet. For both formats item responses are summed to provide three domain scores measuring: Psychological distress, Barriers to activity and Disinhibited eating.
Developed using a clearly defined conceptual framework of the measurement model which conforms to the FDA Final guidance for Industry and facilitating the selection of appropriate secondary endpoints, the DHP has been completed internationally by more than 15000 patients in clinical trials, epidemiological studies and primary care.
Clinical relevance includes:
• Higher (negative) Barriers to activity scores with people with microvascular complications) and severe hypoglycemia,
• Increased Psychological distress and Barriers to activity with insulin treatment compared to oral hypoglycemic agents and increasing weight
• Higher (negative) Disinhibited eating scores with non-adherence to treatment and increasing weight
• Subscale results comparable with the recommended EQ-5D enabling a holistic assessment of the quality of life impacts of Type 2 diabetes”
• Clinically relevant minimally important change from baseline
• High response rates (60% – 80%)
• Low levels of missing item data (4% - 12%)
The DHP-18 was the measure of choice by the UK Department of Health’s Pilot for Long Term Conditions in Primary Care and has been recommended as the diabetes PRO measure in a National Clinical Audit within the UK NHS.
Following extensive linguistic validation in accordance with ISPOR guidelines and the standards accepted by regulatory agencies such as the FDA, the DHP is available in 30 languages.
The aims of the forthcoming webinar include:
• An update on the development and availability of the utility weighted version of the DHP
• A summary of the DHP-18 performance in the Long Term Conditions in Primary Care pilot
• An illustration of the responsiveness of the DHP-18, EQ-5D, SF-6D in type 2 diabetes
• Development of the Author Pre-approved eDHP18
• Future developments of the DHP
Who should attend?
• Clinical trialists
• Healthcare market researchers
Register to attend this free Mapi Author Webinar now:
- February 4, 2016
- 10:00 - 23:00
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- 2016, assessment, attend, author, ba, behavior, behavioral, benefits, blood glucose, clinical tool, Clinical Trials, cmrs, consultancy, DHP, diabetes, diabetes health profile, diet, director, doctor, dr. meadows, eating, event, expert, expertise, february, founder, health, hons, host, instrument, insulin, keith meadows, ltd, Mapi Group, mapi research trust, measurement, patient, patient behavior, perspective, PhD, presentation, profile, psychological, q&a, Questionnaire, questions, register, research, research scale, scale, slideshow, tool, treatment, webinar
September 20 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
Patient Insights & Engagement Webinar – Innovative Retention Methods: Developing Population-Specific ToolsJune 14 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
- SRNT 24th Annual Meeting 2018
- EUCROF’s 4th European Conference on Clinical Research in Vienna
- An Author Webinar on the Obsessive Compulsive Drinking Scale (OCDS) – A Short Questionnaire to Assess Alcohol Use Disorder, Craving and Treatment Outcome
- An Author Webinar on the Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire (LSEQ)
- Considerations for Special Populations: Engaging, enrolling and retaining women in clinical trials
- An Author Webinar on the Angle Labor Pain Questionnaire (A-LPQ) & Angle Pictorial Pain Mapping & Pain Ranking Tool (A-PPMRT)
- Mapi and Saama Create Actionable Solutions From Recent Strategic Alliance
- Press Release: Mapi Creates Dedicated Patient Centered Sciences Unit by Combining Patient Centered Outcomes, Patient Insights and Engagement and Direct To Patient Contact Services
- Mapi Research Trust and Mapi Language Services present scientific research works at the International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders (MDS)
- Press Release: Mapi Continues Organic Growth and Expansion in the United Kingdom
- Mapi Research Trust selected as exclusive distributor and Mapi Language Services selected as exclusive translator of the Disability Assessment for Dementia (DAD)