- This event has passed.
DIA Annual Canadian Meeting 2017
October 17 @ 08:00 - October 18 @ 17:00 UTC+0
Ottawa Marriott Hotel100 Kent Street
Ottawa, ON K1P5R7
Canada’s evolving health care environment is setting the stage for medical product innovation. The DIA Annual Canadian Meeting will deliver a comprehensive overview of the current biopharma and device landscape in Canada while sharing insights into Canada’s broader role in global health care product development. From policy updates and priorities shared directly from Health Canada to sessions on international work sharing to key regulatory and clinical considerations for biologics and biosimilars, you will have the exclusive opportunity to address the current issues and opportunities in Canada and across the globe.
As Canada celebrates its 150 years of Confederation in 2017, the DIA Annual Canadian Meeting will explore how Canada’s past has set the stage for future innovation in its health care ecosystem. Bringing together key stakeholders from the pharmaceutical and device industries, regulatory agencies, and academia, this Meeting will analyze the relevant challenges and opportunities for professionals working in drug and device development in Canada.
This year’s meeting will feature pre-conference short courses, plenary sessions, multi-track breakout sessions tailored to the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level professional, and multiple networking opportunities. This year the DIA Annual Canadian Meeting will be co-located with DIA's Canadian Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Conference. Maximize your education and time by attending both! Approved by the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society for 12 RAC credits.
Mapi's Event Role:
Featured Exhibitor - Join us at Tabletop #6!
Mapi's featured regulatory expert attendees/presenters:
- Featured Attendee: Ted Hanebach - Director, Regulatory Operations, Mapi Group
- Featured #DIA #Canada17 Speaker: Daniela I. Decina, MSc - Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs, CMC, Mapi Group ~ Daniela has worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 28 years in QA and in Regulatory, with specialization in Regulatory CMC and have led teams of Regulatory and QA professionals. She has 16 years of experience in regulatory CMC of biologics (Amgen) and has spoken at national and international venues on biologics CMC topics including biosimilars.
- Featured Presentation:
- Session 6A: Perspectives on Continuous Manufacturing Approaches - This session will provide Regulator and Industry perspectives on continuous manufacturing approaches. From initial formulation and process development activities to manufacturing, the session will highlight key lessons learned and future opportunities in this exciting area of pharmaceutical products.
- Mapi Expert Presentation: "Continuous Manufacturing of Biological Therapeutics: Current Technology Trends and their Regulatory Impact" ~ This presentation will cover a comparison of traditional biologics manufacturing technologies and unit operations with the technologies that enable continuous manufacturing. The regulatory impact of such changes will be discussed.
- Featured Attendee: Michele Duggan - Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, Mapi Group
- Featured Attendee: Mr. Brian Grubich - Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs, Mapi Group
- Featured Attendee: Tracy Brown - Associate Director, Canadian Regulatory Affairs, Mapi Group
- Featured Attendee: Hetal Mokashi - Director, Canadian Regulatory Affairs, Mapi Group
Register to Attend Now: