Considerations for Special Populations: Engaging, enrolling and retaining the elderly in clinical trials
November 8 @ 10:00 - 11:00 UTC+0
Kelly Franchetti, RN, CCRN, CEN - VP, Patient Insights and Engagement - Patient-Centered Services (PCS), Mapi Group
Agenda / Key Webinar Discussion Points:
While the days of aged-based exclusions may be disappearing, the elderly are still not adequately represented in clinical trials. In addition to universal issues with awareness and accessibility, exclusions based on co-morbid conditions can be a barrier for people over 65 years old.
In this webinar we’ll share the latest data and focus on the unique considerations for the elderly in clinical studies as we explore:
- - Trial design: tailoring outcomes to meet the needs of the elderly, including quality of life measures, effects of cognition, balance, falls, etc.
- - Specific barriers to clinical study participation
- - Factors to consider when generating awareness of clinical studies with the elderly
- - Creative methods to facilitate participation and continued engagement in clinical studies, including:
- - Educational considerations for the elderly and those with cognitive deficits
- - Involvement of caregivers
- - Retention methods for elderly patients
Click the registrations tab to register to attend today at no cost to you.